SIETAR USA Leadership
The future of SIETAR USA depends on its members to support its mission and to provide the leadership to guide the organization.
Individuals interested in serving on the SIETAR Board of Directors must meet the following criteria:
1. Possess a strong background and understanding in the fields of intercultural and/or diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB).
2. Be a member in good standing with SIETAR USA (or willing to become a member).
3. Have attended at least one SIETAR USA national conference in the past five (5) years.
We invite you to read more details about the various leadership roles on the SIETAR USA Board and to contact us with any questions at [email protected].
Board of Directors
As a governing body, the SIETAR USA Board of Directors is focused on the mission of the organization. They are responsible for steering the organization toward a sustainable future through development and ongoing application of sound ethical, legal and financial policies. The Board is not responsible for managing day-to-day operations, but to provide oversight, foresight and insight in leadership. SIETAR USA Board members serve as volunteers to the organization and do not receive compensation.
Meet the SIETAR USA Board - 2023
Immediate Past President (2023)
Melissa AB Graetz
T B A
Dr. Rashmi Kapse
Communications Director (2021-2023)
Dr. Nkenge Friday
Leadership Development Director (2021-2023)
Dr. Kwesi Ewoodzie
Local Groups Director (2023-2025)
Willette Neal, Ph.D.
Membership, Outreach & Diversity Director (2021-2023)
Professional Development Director (2021-2023)
Sponsor Partnership Development Director (2021-2023)
Conference Oversight Director (2023-2025)
SIETAR USA Advisory Council
The SIETAR USA Advisory Council is made up of distinguished members of the Society and other intercultural/DEIB professionals with specific expertise in technology, business administration, legal matters, and/or marketing. Council members are appointed by the Board of Directors for a three (3) year term, which can be renewed.
Joel Brown, JD
Are you looking to apply your professional experience, share your talents, and develop your leadership skills? Are you searching for an opportunity to give back to the SIETAR USA community and make a difference in the intercultural and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) fields?
Joining the Board of Directors is the perfect professional learning and development experience for you!
General Duties of Members of the Board of Directors
- Board members serve a three-year term (unless noted otherwise) and carry responsibilities for the portfolio to which they are appointed.
- Board members must sign and abide by the Board Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest documents. As all members of the society, they are encouraged to support and sign the Living Code of Ethics.
- Board members are expected to attend the SIETAR USA Annual Conference, the Annual Board Meeting (a one-day in-person meeting before or after the conference), and the Board of Directors Annual Retreat (a three-day business meeting held each year in February or March).
- Board members are expected to participate in monthly Board of Directors teleconference meetings.
For questions or more information, contact [email protected].
Benefits of Serving on the Board of Directors
Service on the SIETAR USA Board of Directors is volunteer-based. This service is a unique and wonderful professional learning and development experience.
Serving on the Board of Directors will provide you with opportunities to:
- Give back to the SIETAR USA community and make a difference in the intercultural and DEI fields.
- Share your talents and build your leadership skills
- Lead and support initiatives that resonate with you and will benefit the SIETAR USA community
- Learn new skills and develop abilities in a safe environment
- Expand your network in the intercultural and DEI fields
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, talented, and experienced professionals committed to supporting the mission of SIETAR USA