SIETAR USA Member Community Guidelines
Welcome to the SIETAR USA Community!
We are thrilled to give you a warm welcome to this space.
Our mission is to create a Members Forum that is a safe and welcoming space for ALL SIETAR USA members. With that in mind, we will be working hard to ensure that we align our actions with that purpose. These Community Guidelines should not only help you understand how to act within the community but also help you understand what to expect from others in this space.
SIETAR USA values diversity and diverse opinions and ideas – that may mean that you will disagree with some content you come across. Remember, while something may be disagreeable to you, it may not violate our Guidelines. To maintain a safe and welcoming environment for all users, it is expected of all participants that you will be respectful of others. In particular:
- Content that expresses hatred or intolerance for people based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability will NOT be tolerated.
- Don’t engage in name-calling or attack people when you don’t agree with them.
- Respect the privacy of your fellow members: don’t post their email address, mailing address, phone number or other private information publicly.
Stay On Topic
This Community is intended to provide a safe and welcoming space where SIETAR USA members can go to ask questions and share experience and knowledge across the spectrum of interculturalism, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. You can contribute to this environment by:
- Being as specific and concise as possible
- Make sure your response is constructive and relevant to the matter at hand; resist the urge to editorialize.
- When sharing resources and links, make sure they are relevant to the matter at hand, and NOT a promotion of your own (or a 3rd party) products and services.