SIETAR USA Leadership: Call For Nominations!Aug 02, 2022
2-August-2022: The future of SIETAR USA depends on its members to support its mission and to provide the leadership to guide the organization. Your Leadership Development Team is pleased to announce that the 2022 Call for Nominations for the Board of Directors is NOW OPEN. Deadline is August 29, 2022!
SIETAR USA's Leadership values diversity in all of its forms and is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all SIETAR USA members. We invite and encourage all members of our community to participate in the Board of Directors election process with the goal of supporting SIETAR USA's efforts to cultivate a culture that embraces and values diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
You may nominate yourself or another member of the organization. Any candidate for a Board position must meet the following criteria in addition to role-specific requirements listed in each position description.
- Possess a strong background and understanding of the intercultural and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) fields
- Be a member in good standing with SIETAR USA (or willing to become a member)
- Have attended at least one SIETAR USA conference in the past five years
The Nominations Committee identifies candidates through a nomination process for each position based on the required skill and knowledge sets needed for each position. This slate is then announced to the members of SIETAR USA. If there is more than one candidate for a position, an election will be held.
Term of Service
New Board members will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2023 and carry responsibilities for the portfolio for which they were elected.
Upon completion of the three-year term, every board member can choose to self-nominate for three more years of the same or a different board position and go through the nomination process as any new candidate would during that same nomination cycle. In accordance with SIETAR USA Bylaws, Board membership will not cannot exceed nine (9) consecutive years.
When You Apply
Please be sure to include your resume or CV and a brief statement of intent that addresses the following:
- Why do you want to be on the SIETAR USA Board of Directors?
- What do you consider are the primary strength(s) or skill(s) you bring to SIETAR USA?
- What are your vision and objectives if elected as director for your portfolio of choice?