Dear SIETAR USA Members and Colleagues,
The SIETAR USA Nominations Committee is pleased to present the 2020 Slate of Candidates for the SIETAR USA Board of Directors for the term January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2023.
Please take a moment to review the position descriptions as well as the candidates’ biographies and statements of intent by clicking on the corresponding title. Feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Slate Approval & Nominations Via Petition Process
Each year and according to the SIETAR USA By Laws, we send members in good standing a slate of candidates, who then vote for or against the slate. If there are no contented positions, members will be asked to ratify the slate at that time.
Prior to the official vote, individuals may propose additional names or request to be added to the slate by petition. Should there be more than one individual interested and eligible for any one position, SIETAR USA will hold a runoff election for that position.
Any candidate for Board positions must meet the following criteria in addition to role-specific requirements listed in each position description.
1. Possess a strong background and understanding of the intercultural and/or diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) fields
2. Be a member in good standing with SIETAR USA (or willing to become a member)
3. Be a member who has attended at least one SIETAR USA conference in the past five years
Required Petition Documents
Individuals petitioning to be added to the slate for any of the open positions must submit the following documents:
1) A written petition supported and signed by at least five (5) SIETAR USA members in good standing. Signature by email is acceptable.
2) A statement of intent that addresses the following questions:
3) A biography and a resume or CV
Nomination Submission Deadline
Friday, November 13th, 2020
5 PM CST
Feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting SIETAR USA!
The SIETAR USA 2020 Nominations Committee
Katerina Salas-Natchova, S-USA Board Leadership Development Director and Nominations Committee Chair
Dr. Sherri Tapp, S-USA Membership, Outreach & Diversity Director
Dr. Nelson Parrish