PART-TIME INTERCULTURAL/INTERNATIONAL STUDIES INSTRUCTOR
For more information and to apply: LinkedIn post
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
Duties And Responsibilities Of The Position Include
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Teach intercultural/international studies in one or more of the following areas: African Studies, African-American Studies, Native American Studies, Asian Studies, Asian-American Studies, Intercultural Studies, Chicano Studies, Latin American Studies.
Actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience. For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.