Boise Cascade is looking for a Director of Diversity & Inclusion to join their Corporate Executive leadership team. Salary will be based on experience. Come grow with us!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for engaging with the Executive Leadership Team and leaders throughout the business to develop and implement diversity, equity and inclusion strategies, programs, policies, and metrics that successfully engage, develop, retain and attract a diverse workforce, fostering inclusion throughout our business. The Director will assess potential barriers, develop business integrated strategies and objectives and facilitate accountable plans and action at all levels of our field and corporate offices. This role will engage broadly with our communities and our associates to promote our Values of Integrity, Respect, Safety & Excellence.
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we’re one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we’re committed to investing in them. That’s why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety. We call it, Total Rewards. Here’s a look at what’s included:
- Medical + Prescription Drug
- Dental + Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to monitor and evaluate company-wide progress in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of diversity strategy, policy and process documentation.
- Lead and manage the annual financial and operational planning for group/team workshops and/or specific initiatives.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of diversity working groups, committees and councils.
- Design and deliver related presentations, workshops, and learning modules. Facilitate D&I training for teams and leadership
- Collaborate with key partners to determine D&I change needs and appropriate change methodology and best practices. Lead the development and monitoring of metrics focused on measuring the effectives of initiatives.
- Partner with business and human resources leadership in the design and implementation of strategies and tactics to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce; collaborates with human resource sub functional areas to ensure diversity goals are met.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to integrate diverse, equitable and inclusive practices into business process/workplaces.
- Maintain a strong awareness of related issues and trends; educate and coach others across the organization. Work with leaders to develop learning interventions that effectively address both organizational and specific skill gaps.
- Maintain strong relationships with training and consulting organizations.
- Champion an inclusive work environment by personally demonstrating appropriate behaviors through actions and communications.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or HR related program plus 7 to 15 years’ experience in EEO, diversity, or managing large complex programs/initiatives
- Proven experience in understanding of cross-cultural, international, and diversity communication theories
- Confidence in communication/delivery of knowledge and experience to provide counsel and recommendations to leaders in the area of EEO, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Possess excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, diversity, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working effectively and interdepartmentally in large, decentralized organization
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Previous experience in leading diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives for small to mid-size company
- Manufacturing/Distribution industry experience
For more information and to apply, visit: Boise Cascade