The International House of Duke University is looking to fill the Associate Director position. Applicants will need to apply online at hr.duke.edu/careers to be considered. To apply, upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for at least three references at Duke career site. References will not be contacted without prior notice to applicant. The complete job description is on the Duke career site, ID #4408
Position Title: Associate Director, International House
Requisition Number/ID: 4408
The Associate Director takes the lead in planning, designing, and leading trainings which promote intercultural awareness and skill building within the University and Medical Center. Additionally, s/he leads the Intercultural Skills Development Program twice a year (Fall & Summer Intensive). S/he acts as liaison representing International House working with various University and Medical Center centers and academic departments. S/he supervises two Student Development Coordinators and manages their professional development in all aspects of their work including intercultural training. S/he counsels international students, scholars and spouses with issues they present and leads new scholar orientation once a week. Finally, s/he fills in for the International House Director in his/her absence as well as for the employees s/he supervises.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field in International Education, Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in program administration, academic/instructional or counseling activities
- Minimum of three years of experience in intercultural education and training
- Experience in supervision and performance management
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals from diverse national origins; preferred experience living in cultures different from the United States and knowledge of another language other than English
Additional Job Specific Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level planning and organizational skills
- Experience in the use of technology, especially for delivering programs
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies
- Expertise in delivering programs and educational services to varied populations
- Ability to acknowledge, affirm and advocate for under-represented groups
- Valid US Driver’s License required to drive 12-passenger van and DMV background check
Application Deadline: Friday August 2nd 2019
Applicants must apply online at hr.duke.edu/careers, ID 4408. Applicants need to upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for at least three references. References will not be contacted without prior notice to applicant. Applicants are kindly asked to refrain from contacting the International House directly to inquire about the status of their application. Applicants needing assistance with the application process should contact the Duke Human Resources.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.