POSITION CODE: 4291
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts and Sciences
MONTHS/HOURS: Full time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: Application review begins March 29
POSTING DATE: March 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), the Director of CAS Study Away administers all parts of CAS undergraduate and graduate study away, including advocating for study away experiences, advising students in program selection, managing the student application process for programs, and marketing programs to students. Among the CAS study away programs are exchanges (both with institutions within the United States and abroad), direct enrollment partnerships, third-party providers, and short-term, faculty-led travel courses.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Meeting with current and prospective CAS students to provide tailored study away information meeting their educational goals;
• Serving as CAS liaison for exchange institutions, direct enrollment partners, and third-party providers;
• Supporting organization of CAS faculty travel courses by advising budget preparation, travel itineraries, and minimized health and safety risks for study away participants;
• Supporting CAS educational programs at the University's international campus in Salzburg, Austria, by recruiting students and coordinating visas with the Austrian Consulate;
• Evaluating study away programs and assessing student learning associated with study away experiences;
• Communicating administrative and risk management policies, procedures, and deadlines involving CAS study away;
• Supervising CAS Study Away Office staff, graduate interns, and student workers;
• Managing the finances and budgets for all CAS study away programs;
• Conducting general information, orientation, pre-departure, and re-entry sessions for CAS students;
• Representing the CAS Study Away Office at information sessions, travel fairs, prospective student visit days, new student orientations, and professional meetings;
• Collaborating with University administrators and CAS faculty on internationalization goals, either through consultation or serving on committees;
• Maintaining effective communication with administrators in Student Affairs, the Registrar's Office, Student Financial Services, and the Business & Finance Office, as well as international education liaisons in the Provost's Office, the School of Business, and School of Education;
• Performing other duties and special projects as assigned or directed by the CAS Dean.
• Master's degree in a relevant field of study is required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience with study away programs is required.
• A demonstrated ability to lead a university office dedicated to supporting students' success in study away education is required.
• Experience with risk management standards; proficiency in interacting with diverse students, faculty, and study away programs; and ability to travel domestically and internationally are necessary.
• Preference will be given to candidates with international experience, knowledge of a second language, and proficiency in managing complex budgets.
Successful candidates must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. They must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously. A willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some evenings and weekends, is essential.
INQUIRIES: Inquiries can be directed to Kendrick Brown, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, at mailto:email@example.com.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call (909) 748-8040.
To apply: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://apptrkr.com/1407880.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=1407880&targetURL=http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/. SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER