Facilitate student learning related to the Interpersonal Skills and Intercultural Knowledge embedded outcome in the University's Core Curriculum. Use the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity (DMIS) model and AACU Intercultural Knowledge and Competence VALUE Rubric as a guide to facilitate student learning in the classroom, in study abroad programs and in co-curricular activities both on and off campus. Coach/guide students studying abroad for a semester or academic year to help them reflect and learn from their intercultural experiences. Assist faculty and staff who want to use the DMIS in the on-campus classroom or in study abroad.
- Master's degree in a field relevant to the position.
- One year of experience using the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity (DMIS), as well as the Intercultural Developmental Inventory (IDI), and conducting training for faculty and/or staff in a university setting.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of theory, research, and assessment specifically relating to intercultural or global learning and study abroad.
- Working knowledge of or strong interest in best practices and innovations in experiential teaching and active learning through engagement.
- Working knowledge of best practices and innovations in teaching and learning, as well as curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to utilize teaching and learning technologies.
- Valid driver's license.
- PhD, EdD, JD or other terminal degree in a field relevant to the position.
- Previous personal study abroad experience.
- Experience teaching undergraduate students or leading study abroad programs.
- Experience with applied research projects or program evaluation including quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Skills in creating digital and online instructional resources.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, go to: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobsearch.ftl
Search for job number: 1600460