Colorado State University invites nominations and applications for an International Recruitment and Retention Specialist. This full-time, 12 month position is responsible for supporting the recruitment of international students and retention services for international students on the Colorado State University campus, serving on internal committees, and supporting a variety of office activities. This position is not eligible for H-1B or Permanent Resident sponsorship.
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is one of three (3) units within the Office of International Programs. The unit provides immigration documentation and advisory services for nonimmigrant visa bearers who are studying, conducting research, teaching, or working for Colorado State University. It maintains records and reports to the U.S. Government as required by federal law. ISSS conducts educational programs related to cultural adjustment, orientation, and other matters pertinent to the population it serves. The unit is involved in recruitment efforts for international students. This position reports to the Assistant Director of International Student and Scholar Services.
Colorado State University is a public, land-grant institution of higher education. CSU offers academic programs through eight colleges. Colorado State University offers extensive services to over 2,000 international students and scholars. These services include advising, programming student activities, immigration processing, and liaison with government agencies, other campus units, and the local community.
Colorado State University is located in Fort Collins, a city with a population of approximately 140,000 people, which is 65 miles north of Denver. The city offers a unique blend of metropolitan advantages and small town friendliness. Situated at the western edge of the Great Plains and at the eastern base of the Rocky Mountain foothills, Fort Collins provides easy access to numerous cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Coordinate marketing, communications, data management, and handling of applications, budget transactions, and reports related to various student populations.
- Serve as a program specialist for ISSS programs for international students in special student programs such as the Visiting International Program (visiting non-degree students), students from agents and other partners, INTO students progressing to the University, sponsored students, etc.
- Initiate, lead, or assist with retention programs such as orientation, academic intervention programs, transition of transfer and pathways students to the University, receptions for student groups, visits of sponsoring agencies, etc.
- Initiate, lead, or assist with recruitment efforts such as marketing programs for special student populations, monitoring of applications, reporting on trends, monitoring recruitment expenditures, contacts, etc.
- Work in conjunction with campus, community, national and international organizations to support the successful recruitment and retention of international students.
- The position may spend up to 5% time supervising student workers.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year’s work experience in the field of international education, student services, or admissions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and use data for program assessment and decision making
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of four months of study, employment or residence outside of the United States
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
- Experience/training in intercultural relations/adjustment
- Experience working with people of diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills, with experience in such areas as database maintenance and reporting and other office software applications
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
Salary range is in the high thirties, depending upon experience.
Travel funds to a maximum of $1500.00 will be available per candidate for interviews.
For a full job description, please visit www.international.colostate.edu.
Completed applications must be received by September 29, 2014. For full consideration, applications must be received by the deadline; however, the candidate pool will be kept open until the position is filled. Application must be submitted as a single PDF consisting of: 1) letter of interest specifically addressing all minimum qualifications along with background related to the preferred qualifications; 2) resume; and 3) names, titles, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted. Submit application to International Recruitment and Retention Specialist Search Committee via e-mail to email@example.com.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Additional information on the background check can be found at http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/background/Policy.pdf.