Dear SIETAR USA members and colleagues,
The future of SIETAR USA depends on its members to support its mission and to provide the leadership to guide the organization. To that end, we are issuing the 2020 Call for Nominations for the Board of Directors of SIETAR USA.
The SIETAR USA Leadership values diversity in all of its forms and is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all SIETAR USA members. We invite and encourage all members of our community to participate in the Board of Directors election process to support our efforts to cultivate a culture that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
You may nominate yourself or another member of the organization. Any candidate for Board positions must meet the following criteria in addition to role-specific requirements listed in each position description.
Possess a strong background and understanding of the intercultural and/or diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) fields
Be a member in good standing with SIETAR USA (or willing to become a member)
Be a member who has attended at least one SIETAR USA conference in the past five years
We currently have two board positions open for nominations in 2020:
- Leadership Development Director
- Communications Director
Detailed job descriptions for the positions will be posted shortly on the SIETAR USA website.
All nominations must be submitted in writing by e-mail to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by:
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
The Nominations Committee identifies candidates through a nomination process for each position based on the required skill and knowledge sets needed for each position. This slate is then announced to the members of SIETAR USA. If there is more than one candidate for a position, an election will be held.
New Board members will serve their terms starting January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2023. They will serve a three-year term and carry responsibilities for the portfolio for which they were elected. Upon completion of his/her three-year term, every board member can choose to self-nominate for three more years of the same or a different board position and go through the nomination process as any new candidate would during that same nomination cycle. According to the by-laws SIETAR USA Board membership generally cannot exceed nine (9) consecutive years.
General Duties of Members of the Board of Directors
- Board members serve a three-year term (unless noted otherwise) and carry responsibilities for the portfolio to which they are appointed.
- Board members must sign and abide by the Board Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest documents. As all members of the society, they are encouraged to support and sign the Living Code of Ethics.
- Board members are expected to attend the SIETAR USA Annual Conference, the Annual Board Meeting (a one-day in-person meeting before or after the conference), and the Board of Directors Annual Retreat (a three-day business meeting held each year in February or March).
- Board members are expected to participate in monthly Board of Directors teleconference meetings.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.