SIETAR USA is pleased to present the 2019 Slate of Candidates for the SIETAR USA Board of Directors for the term January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022. Please review these candidates’ statements of interest here: Candidates Statements
- Secretary (Officer): Justin Sitron, PhD (incumbent)
- Treasurer (Officer): Hamilton Cruz (incumbent)
- Conference Oversight Portfolio Director: Karen Lokkesmoe, PhD
- Local Groups Portfolio Director: Julia Gaspar-Bates (incumbent)
The following positions did not receive nominations and may still receive petitions for candidate addition to the slate by the deadline of Monday, December 2, 2019.
- President Elect (Officer)
- Professional Development (Director)
- Sponsorship Partnership Development (Director)
Slate Approval and Nominations Via Petition
Each year and according to the SIETAR USA By Laws, we send members in good standing a slate of candidates, who then vote for or against the slate. On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, you will receive an electronic ballot via email (response deadline of December 18, 2019). If there are no contented positions, members will be asked to ratify the slate at that time.
Prior to the official vote, individuals may petition to be on the slate for any of the available positions that currently do or do not have candidates. Should there be more than one individual interested and eligible for any one position, SIETAR USA will hold a runoff election for that position. Individuals petitioning to be added to the slate for any of the seven open positions must submit a statement of intention for the role, a bio and petition supported and signed by five SIETAR USA members no later than Monday, December 2, 2019 sent to both email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility criteria include being a) a SIETAR USA member in good standing or willing to become a member, and b) SIETAR USA member (or willing to become a member) who has attended at least one SIETAR USA national conference in the last five (5) years. SIETAR USA welcomes questions, comments, and requests for additional information about any of the candidates prior to the deadline. Information about each role can be found at the end of this document.
The results of the 2019 election will be announced via email no later than December 23, 2019.
- Tuesday, October 2, 2019 - Communication out to membership and general public, listing nominations committee members and nominations process
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 – Revised call sent to membership and general public
- Tuesday, October 16, 2019 – Reminder communication out to membership and general public.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 - Deadline for receipt of nominations with all required documentation sent to email@example.com and cc: Info@sietarusa.org
- Thursday, November 14, 2019 - Selection of nominees by Nominations Committee.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - Slate of candidates for office is sent to the membership.
§ Monday, December 2, 2018 – Submission deadline for individuals to be added to the slate of candidates.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 – Slate of nominees is sent to membership for electronic ratification.
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - Deadline for members to ratify the slate of candidates.
- Friday, December 20, 2019 - Results of the election are submitted to the board. Those selected are notified.
- Monday December 23, 2019 - Results of the election are announced to membership.
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 - Elected Officers and Portfolio Directors assume their positions on the Board.
Please contact SIETAR USA at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with any questions prior December 2, 2019.
SIETAR USA Nominations Committee
Holly Emert, PhD, SIETAR USA Past President and Nominations Committee Chair
Katarina Salas, SIETAR USA Board Leadership Portfolio Director
Laurette Bennhold Samaan
Questions? Contact the SIETAR USA Office: firstname.lastname@example.org