By Luby Ismail
- Engage diversity for counter narratives
- Initiate regular encounters to counter FEAR, OTHERING
- Meet with conservative communities America Indivisible,
- Join campaigns to advertisers of anti-Muslim news
- Demand elected officials make statements rejecting hate-driven policies.
- Add your voice to oppose anti Muslim campaigns.
- Email media voicing your opinions tied to American values.
- Support efforts against Islamophobia, anti-immigrant, Black Lives Matter.
- Inquire of in-service cultural training by credible officer and community members.
Cultural Competent Engagement
- Encounters with diversity of community.
- Reflect knowledge of faith & culture of communities.
- Demonstrate listening to key concerns to build rapport and trust.
- Convey respect by understanding cultural and religious practices.
- Ongoing familiarity and interaction with communities.
- Remember ethnic identity and faith are not interchangeable.
- Recognize, be inclusive of the intra-community diversity
- Unity Productions Foundation—Unity Productions Foundation
- Islamic Networks Group—ing.org
- Institute for Social Policy and Understanding —www.ispu.org
- Georgetown University BRIDGE
- Teaching Tolerance Expelling-Islamophobia
YouTube: Luby Ismail