November has come, 2021 SIETAR USA Master Workshop Weekend is complete, and now it is time to get busy with conference planning for 2022. Much of the work for next year is already done as we are moving the 2021 in-person Omaha conference to 2022. However, information and tasks need some updating and refreshing. It really does take a village, so please consider joining the planning team. It’s a great way to meet people in the field, to help shape the conference, to expand your leadership skills, and to get engaged with SIETAR USA.
We are looking for people to participate in—or lead the following committees in coordination with the Conference Management Team (CMT) (Conference Oversight Director, SIETAR President, and Immediate Past President, and SIETAR Administrative Officer).
- Conference Co-Chairs - Overall management of the conference
- Conference Program Co-Chairs - Management of submitted proposals (verify resubmits and recruit new sessions as needed)
- Master Workshop Chairs - Recruit and coordinate the sessions for the pre-conference Master Workshops
- Silent Auction Chair - manage solicitation and execution of silent auction
- Volunteer Coordinator - work with Administrative Officer to manage volunteers
- SEA Chair(s) - coordinate with Sponsorship and Partnership Director to solicit sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers for the conference
- Wellness Chair - recruit and manage the Wellness program options at the conference
- Local Team - develop, design, and manage local options at the conference (Dine-Around, pre-post tours, music and entertainment for Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner, etc.
- Affinity Groups Chair - coordinate the Affinity Group meetings at the conference
Some of these positions require significant input and others are of shorter duration. Hope you will consider joining us. You are welcome to contact the Conference Oversight Director, Karen Lokkesmoe, at email@example.com for a no-obligation chat about these opportunities.
Another word about SIGs - Special Interest Groups
A new look at SIGs is taking place. Any opportunity to find and get to know people who have similar interests, challenges, and expertise is a plus for each member and SIETAR USA should nurture those opportunities. Toward that goal, we are taking a look at moving to Affinity Groups instead of the old-fashioned SIGs. Be sure to read the following article on Affinity Groups. Think about becoming active in this new initiative.
You may submit your interest to: Brett Parry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please indicate what your interest is and your level of interest: organizer, leader, or participant. Please keep in mind—leaders are needed for each Affinity Group to be successful.