Dear SIETAR USA Members and Colleagues,
The future of SIETAR USA depends on its members to support its mission and to provide the leadership to guide the organization. To that end, we are issuing the 2021 Call for Nominations for the Board of Directors of SIETAR USA.
The SIETAR USA Leadership values diversity in all of its forms and is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all SIETAR USA members. We invite and encourage all members of our community to participate in the Board of Directors election process to support our efforts to cultivate a culture that embraces and values diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
You may nominate yourself or another member of the organization. Any candidate for Board positions must meet the following criteria in addition to role-specific requirements listed in each position description.
- Possess a strong background and understanding of the intercultural and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) fields
- Be a member in good standing with SIETAR USA (or willing to become a member)
- Have attended at least one SIETAR USA conference in the past five years
Nomination Submission Deadline
All nominations must be submitted in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com by:
Monday, August 16th, 2021: 5 PM CDT
We currently have three open board positions for nominations in 2021:
- The President Elect shall succeed the President. If, for any reason, the President cannot serve out a term, the President-elect shall fulfill the unexpired term and continue through his/her own term.
- The Professional Development Director is responsible for seeking out and developing opportunities that sustain the professional development of the membership of SIETAR USA.
- The Membership Outreach and Diversity Director is responsible for maintaining and growing the membership of the society.
Click on the position title to read more about the position and its responsibilities. Also see the page sietarusa website.
Please be sure to include your resume or CV and a brief statement of intent that addresses the following:
- Why do you want to be on the SIETAR USA Board of Directors?
- What do you consider the primary strength(s) or skill(s) you bring to SIETAR USA?
- What are your vision and objectives if elected as director for your portfolio of choice?
By submitting your statement, you agree to serve out your full term and to abide by the By Laws of SIETAR USA if selected.
The Nominations Committee identifies candidates through a call for nominations for each position. Candidates are vetted based on the required skill and knowledge sets needed for each position. Each candidate is interviewed by the Nominations and Elections Committee. The final slate is then announced to the members of SIETAR USA. Ratifying the slate takes place at the time of the annual conference. If there is more than one qualified candidate for a position, an election will be held.
Term of Service
New board directors will serve a three-year term starting January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2024 and carry responsibilities for the portfolio for which they were elected. The president elect serves a 4-year term of office: one year as president elect, two years as president, and one year as the immediate past president.
General Duties of Members of the Board of Directors
The SIETAR USA board is a working board, which means that a certain number of hours each month must be devoted to carrying out tasks relevant to the board member’s position.
Board members are expected to attend the SIETAR USA Annual Conference, the Annual Board Meeting (a one-day in-person meeting before or after the conference), and the Board of Directors Annual Retreat (a 3-day business meeting held each year in February or March). Board members are expected to participate in monthly Board of Directors virtual meetings.
We look forward to your responses to this Call for Nominations and your participation in this process. Feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting SIETAR USA!
P.S. Please share your thoughts, comments, and ideas about the article with the Editorial Team.