Conference at a Glance:
If I were to tell you, that it’s possible to learn something new, network, plan to grow your business, have a family vacation, listen to and learn from the who’s who in your field and get some certifications done, all in a matter of four days, then you would say I am lying.
Hello there!!! Here’s your opportunity to do all that and more at The Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, Orlando, Florida for SIETAR-USA’s 15th Anniversary from October 14-17, 2015.
- Certification Workshop: October 10-11 and October 12. Certification is offered for the IES - Intercultural Effectiveness Scale, and the GCI - Global Competencies Inventory.
- Expand your Horizons: Attend the concurrent sessions for professional and personal development; networking with new and familiar friends, colleagues, and pioneers in the intercultural field; and expanding ideas for new techniques for training, coaching, consulting, educating and influencing.
- Master Workshops: Oct 14
- Patricia M Coleman: “The Global
Entrepreneur: Boosting Your Business:
- Elmer Dixon: “Challenges in Policing
- Janet Bennett: "Building the Intersection
and Global Competence"
- George Renwick, PhD: "Religion, Faith,
and the Practice of Intercultural
- Veronique Killian: "Expanding Happiness:
Evidence Based Tools for Expanding
Well-being, Vitality and Engagement"
- Tatyana Fertelmeyster: "Seamless
Facilitation for Intercultural Competency"
- Shannon Murphy Robinson, M.A. "The
Neuroscience of Inclusion: Expanding
Competencies to Work Effectively
- Oana Amaria and Tamara Thorpe: "Talkin’ Bout My
Generation: The Role of Intercultural Competence in
the Millennial Dialogue
- Keynote Speakers:
- El pagnier “EK” Hudson: “Tendaji: Making Things
Happen Where YOU Are!”
- Amer F. Ahmed “Intercultural Social Justice”
- Ernest Gundling, Ph.D.: "Leading Across
- Morning Wellness Events: Each morning before the conference, attend a yoga or Zumba Dance
- Disney Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: October 17th
- For Family and Friends accompanying you: Beautiful hotel rooms, 2 pools (water park & adult pool) with poolside SandBar, tropical garden and waterfall in the atrium, 6 restaurants, shopping, an alligator aquarium (you are invited to watch the feedings!), supervised kids’ activities, a luxurious spa, fitness center, shuttle to the nearby Disney Parks
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
While You're Away (at Sessions), Families Will Play
SIETAR-USA's 15th Annual Conference at the magnificent Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center will offer amazing fun opportunities for interculturalists, their families, and little ones alike. While their parents are busy taking advantage of informative sessions and networking activities, their little global citizens can take advantage of the Gaylord Palm's many family friendly amenities.
Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park features a zero-entry swimming pool, water slides and a water playground tree house for plenty of exciting adventures. There is often an in-house DJ spinning tunes, and the hotel also regularly shows kid approved movies. The resort also boasts its own arcade room for action-packed gaming for kids of all ages. Both family and kids can interact with live baby animals in the Gaylord's lush, tropical atriums where three Florida environments have been created.
Kids Nite Out is an in-room child-care service that customizes the experience based on the age of the child. Certified, insured staff members bring age-appropriate books, games and toys to ensure all families visiting Kissimmee have evenings of fun. In addition to in-room child care, Kids Nite Out offers event care services featuring creative, safe, age-appropriate activities for children traveling with their parents. Kids Nite Out can set up a Kids Camp for children while parents are attending business meetings.
Sun-drenched and spectacular, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center offers world-class Kissimmee entertainment, restaurants and breathtaking Florida gardens under glass. Stay close to major theme parks and attractions for plenty of things to do in Kissimmee while immersing yourself in the sights and sounds of the Sunshine State. In addition, the conference organizers have arranged discounted tickets to Disney, and the conference will end just in time to enjoy the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth Saturday Night.
For those travelers who need help affording the nightly hotel rate, the conference organizers have arranged for a room-mate connection to help attendees share the costs. To connect you with potential roommate(s) in the conference hotel and shared rides, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Roommate & Ride Connection” in the subject line for further information by September 23, 2015.
So we look forward to seeing you at SIETAR-USA's Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida. Come for the meeting, stay for the magic!
For more information about the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center family friendly amenities, click here.
Elsewhere in SIETAR-USA...
Nominations Being Accepted
The 2015 Margaret D. Pusch Founders Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated commitment and service to the intercultural relations field. (Click here to view the full criteria.) Nominations will close September 15, 2015 at 11:59 pm eastern standard time (NYC). Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com.
Members of any SIETAR around the globe are eligible for nomination for the award. Candidates must be nominated by someone other than themselves. The nomination requires support from a minimum of two other individuals who can speak to the individuals intercultural work and service. Nominations and supporting information must be provided in a written format.
The Selection Committee, comprised of Christopher Deal, Tatyana Fertelmeyster, Sandy Fowler and Kelli McLoud-Schingen, will review the nominees and make a decision. The successful nominee will be notified a month prior to the SIETAR Annual Conference that will be held October 14-17, 2015 in Orlando, Florida.
For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org